Tennessee Is the Laziest State — By a large margin (pun intended), according to this poll.
Cookeville Man Played Drums With Nashville Legends — Not only is Troy Hatcher every bit as cool as this story makes him sound, he’s also a member of our church and has taken some of our School of Performing Arts students under his wing. Glad to see him getting some recognition!
Stories From Japan — Inspiring stories of heroism and ingenuity in the wake of Japan’s earthquake and tsunami:
- Man Scuba Dived Into Tsunami to Rescue Wife and Mother — I hope I’d do the same for Laurie, but I also hope I never have to find out.
- Road Repaired in Six Days — One of the most incredible feats of engineering I’ve ever seen.
- Photos of the Fukushima 50 — These men are working to prevent a nuclear meltdown that would be catastrophic, but they are probably doing it at the expense of their own lives.
From Hymns to Hip-Hop — Another great article about the rise of Christian hip-hop (featuring Shai Linne, one of my personal favorites). It also includes some historical facts about the church’s acceptance (or lack thereof) of new forms of music throughout the centuries.
More Rob Bell — Because you apparently can’t be a Christian blogger these days without daily references to our favorite heretic, here are two more worthy links.
- Recently Discovered Letter of Critique Written to the Apostle Paul — One of the more creative entries in the ongoing discussion sparked by Rob Bell’s new book. For those questioning the veracity of this letter, perhaps it’s author (Parodius) and the location where it was discovered (Satiricus) will give you some clues.
- But I Want to Like Rob Bell! — A call for better writers with better theology.
- What if You’re Wrong? — Rob Bell in another interview further hones his skills in the art of question-dodging.