Several months ago, I began an intensive study of baptism. I hope to write soon on what God has been teaching me, but today wanted to point out an excellent article that gets to the root of one of the main reasons behind my baptism study. How can parents and pastors tell when a child is truly converted?
Brian Croft lists five evidences of a regenerate heart in children and teens:
- A growing affection and need for Jesus and the gospel.
- A heightened understanding of the truths of Scripture.
- An increased kindness and selflessness toward siblings.
- A greater awareness and distaste for sin.
- A noticeable desire to obey parents.
His article is very short, but immensely helpful for baptists and paedobaptists alike. Read it here.